Downloading videos (in flash applications) using python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Feb 2 13:57:24 EST 2015

Gabriel Ferreira <gabrielbianchiferreira at gmail.com> writes:

> I need some help in downloading videos from flash applications in web
> using python. Is there any lib to deal with flash player using python?

Yes, the ‘youtube-dl’ application is the most likely to have the library
code you need.

> The videos I need to download are, in fact, live streaming content.
> You can see an example here:
>
> http://vejoaovivo.com.br/sc/itapema/avenida-nereu-ramos-1029.html

If ‘youtube-dl’ doesn't support a particular site, please report a bug
at its bug tracker. I'm sure they would like to have a working
implementation too.

This isn't really a question about using Python, so it may be best to
continue the discussion in a bug report against ‘youtube-dl’.

--
 \     “It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to |
  `\    persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” —Carl |