[OT] fortran lib which provide python like data type

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sun Feb 1 03:14:10 EST 2015

Am 01.02.15 um 08:58 schrieb Marko Rauhamaa:
> Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid>:
>
>> Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> writes:
>>> Stroustrup apparently has never had to deal with callbacks; his thick
>>> books never made a mention of them last time I checked.
>>
>> C++ has function pointers just like C,
>
> Et tu, Brute!
>
> C's callbacks always use a void pointer for the "self reference." In C,
> I can use void pointers and type casts idiomatically. In C++, type casts
> are apostasy.
>
> Qt gave up on C++ when it comes to callbacks ("signals") and went for an
> apocryphal metacompiler.

Yes, but only because C++ compilers were not good enough when QT came
out, and later is was too late to change it to a templated system.
Lookup libsigc++ http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/ which does the same
using standard C++ and http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/templates.html
for a reasoning of QT.

In C++11 (supported by MSVC, g++, clang) there re also lambda expressions

	Christian