raise None

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Dec 31 18:27:31 EST 2015

> On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Given how very often such decisions make my debugging tasks
> > needlessly difficult, I'm not seeing how that's a desirable feature.
>
> What Steven's actually advocating is removing a difference between
> Python code and native code.

Sure, but his proposal is to move in the direction of *less* debugging
information.

If I could have the traceback continue into the C code and tell me the
line of C code that raised the exception, *that's* what I'd choose.

The debugging information barrier of the C–Python boundary is a
practical limitation, not a desirable one. I think those barriers should
be as few as possible, and don't agree with enabling more of them.

--
 \     “Welchen Teil von ‘Gestalt’ verstehen Sie nicht?  [What part of |
  `\                ‘gestalt’ don't you understand?]” —Karsten M. Self |