how to get names of attributes

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 30 09:16:32 EST 2015

On 30/12/2015 13:31, Charles T. Smith wrote:

> I wonder what the difference is between vars() and items()

Not much.  From https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#vars

<quote>
vars([object])

     Return the __dict__ attribute for a module, class, instance, or any
other object with a __dict__ attribute.

     Objects such as modules and instances have an updateable __dict__
attribute; however, other objects may have write restrictions on their
__dict__ attributes (for example, classes use a dictproxy to prevent
direct dictionary updates).

     Without an argument, vars() acts like locals(). Note, the locals
dictionary is only useful for reads since updates to the locals
dictionary are ignored.
</quote>

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence