yaxis

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Tue Dec 29 13:44:36 EST 2015

On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 06:25:49 -0800 (PST), damien.ishacian at gmail.com wrote:

> hello I would only change the scale of the y-axis, how to deal with
> matplotlib.pyplot or another library ?

Here's a function I use.  ax is an "axes" object, which you can get
by calling the get-current-axes (gca()) method of some plot object,
for example

from matplotlib import pyplot as plt
    <plot a bunch of stuff>
    expand_limits(plt.gca(), 0.08)
    plt.show()

Anyway, here's the function:

def expand_limits(ax, factor):
    """Expand the limits on a plotting area by the specified factor.
    """
    def expand(xmin, xmax):
        d = xmax - xmin
        return xmin - 0.5*factor*d, xmax + 0.5*factor*d
    ax.set_xlim(*expand(*ax.get_xlim()))
    ax.set_ylim(*expand(*ax.get_ylim()))

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.