unable to open IDLE for Python3.50rc1 on windows10 64bit AMD

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 09:59:09 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 5:06 AM, Nicky Mac <nmcelwaine at gmail.com> wrote:

> not sure what you mean by "my profile".
> following your suggestion, looks normal:

I meant your profile directory, "C:\Users\Nick". But printing the
package path showed the problem is in your Python 3 installation
itself.

> C:\Users\Nick> python -c "import importlib;
> print(importlib.find_loader('idlelib').path)"
> C:\Python\Python35\lib\idlelib\__init__.pyc

This file should not exist. Python 3 stores .pyc files in a
__pycache__ subdirectory. It won't even run "idlelib\__init__.pyc" if
"idlelib\__init__.py" exists, so your installation is incomplete and
damaged. I suggest that you uninstall Python 3.5 and then completely
remove "C:\Python\Python35" before reinstalling.