unable to open IDLE for Python3.50rc1 on windows10 64bit AMD

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Dec 22 16:44:43 EST 2015

On 12/22/2015 3:27 PM, Nicky Mac wrote:
> I have run the install (and repair) which explicitly includes Tcl/Tk and l
> have this problem:

First, I would download and install the final 3.5.1. I believe there was
a change to the installer that might, possibly, make a difference.

Write down exactly the install options you choose.

>>     C:\Python\Python35\python.exe -m idlelib
> ** IDLE can't import Tkinter.
> Your Python may not be configured for Tk. **

Then run python -m tkinter to remove IDLE from the issue.
If problem persists, report again.

--
Terry Jan Reedy