imshow keeps crashhing

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Tue Dec 22 14:19:45 EST 2015

In <a7993a64-837e-4062-a856-d40acc35f208 at googlegroups.com> norouzey at gmail.com writes:

> Can anyone please help me with "imshow"? I have tried "imshow" on different computers and different Python consoles but it does not work. Here are the code and the error message:

> import scipy.misc as mi
> img = mi.imread('C:\images\circles.png')
> mi.imshow(img)

> 'see' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

scipy calls an external image viewer program to display the image.

The name of this program is stored in the environment variable
SCIPY_PIL_IMAGE_VIEWER.  If that variable is not present, it uses
'see' by default.

Do you have a suitable image viewing program installed on your computer?
If so, try setting the SCIPY_PIL_IMAGE_VIEWER environment variable to the
name of that program.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears