Installing PyCharm on Windows

Erik python at lucidity.plus.com
Sun Dec 20 16:21:07 EST 2015

Hello Thomas,

On 20/12/15 08:28, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
 > Anyhow, *I* was not intending to start an OS flame war,

Really? Specifically telling someone that their OS of choice is "not a
real operating system" (without any sort of justification) is not
intending to start an OS flame war? Of course that's what you intended
to do. The answer to "Python does not work in this way for me" should
*never* be "change your operating system".

FWIW, I can see that you do indeed have something to add to these
discussions but unfortunately you seem to also feel the need to provoke
a reaction from people. As a result, anything of value you impart - and
there IS something there - gets lost in the noise.

If you could just bring yourself to offer your expertise without making
direct value judgements on other people's choices, preferences and
ability compared to your own, I think your voice would be listened to a
lot more and things would be a whole lot easier.

This is just friendly advice - I am not _insisting_ that you do anything
you do not wish to ;)

E.