python 3.4, os.walk does not walk into cdroms

Nobody nobody at nowhere.invalid
Sat Dec 19 02:53:45 EST 2015

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 14:03:25 +0100, Siegfried Kaiser wrote:

>  I have a problem with os.walk - it does not walk into a mounted cdrom, I
>  do not see the cdrom in the walk at all.
> What can I do to walk into cdrom?

1. Are you sure that the directory tree contains the actual mount point,
not just a symlink to it? os.walk() doesn't follow symlinks unless
followlinks=True is given explicitly.

2. Have you tried using the onerror= parameter to report errors? The
default is to silently ignore errors from os.listdir().