Tk alternative to askopenfilename and askdirectory?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Dec 16 12:08:23 EST 2015

Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16/12/2015 14:18, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> > Is there an alternative to Tk's askopenfilename() and askdirectory()?
> >
> > I want to select a files and directories within one widget, but
> > askopenfilename() let me only select files and askdirectory() let me only
> > select directories.
> >

> I guess it would help if you could provide some information on your use
> case and what you want to achieve ;)

A (Windows) user shall upload files and/or directories.
For this, he needs to select them.
In the current implementation, the user has to decide first whether he
wants to upload a file or a directory. I want to eliminate this step.

http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/fop/rC2meOrd/X-20151216180501.png

drag&drop works only for files with ASCII filenames.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/