Can't find way to install psycopg2 in 3.5

Michael Poeltl michael.poeltl at univie.ac.at
Mon Dec 14 05:24:05 EST 2015

hi,

I'm used to compile postgresql from source
(last time it was postgresql-9.4.4 with
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-thread-safety --docdir=/usr/share/doc/postgresql-9.4.4 --with-tcl --with-openssl --enable-nls=de --with-libxml
on my linuxmint17-box)

and then the installation of psycopg2 (in my case psycopg2-2.6.1) works just fine and smoothly (even for python-3.5!).

If you've got postgresql through a pre-compiled package it is (maybe) necessary to *show* where to find 'pg_config' by editing the setup.cfg-file in the psycopg2-source-folder.

Have you visited this site?
http://initd.org/psycopg/

regards
Michael

* Dhaval Parekh - NCrypted <dhaval.parekh at ncrypted.com> [2015-12-14 09:29]:
> Hello,
>

> I'm newbie in using python. I've installed python 3.5 and django 1.9 to
> develop web application. I wanted to set postgresql as a DBMS but I couldn't
> complete the setup as it was continuously throwing me an error that psycopg2
> module not found. I've digged a lot but I couldn't find psycopg2 for python
> 3.5. Is it something 3.5 has different scenario for django? I couldn't find
> anyway to complete my setup so I'm going to downgrade to 3.4 as I found
> psycopg2 for 3.4 only.
>

> If you have any idea about it then please let me know.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dhaval Parekh
>
> Project Coordinator,
>
> NCrypted Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
>  <http://www.ncrypted.com/> http://www.ncrypted.com
>

> An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company | BID International Quality Crown (2012)
> <http://www.ncrypted.com/iqc-international-quality-crown-award> Award Winner
>
> IDC: 2nd floor, Shivalik 5, Gondal Road, Rajkot (Gujarat), India | +91 (281)
> 237 8880, 391 8880
>
> Disclaimer & Privilege Notice: This e-Mail may contain proprietary,
> privileged and confidential information and is sent for the intended
> recipient(s) only. If, by an addressing or transmission error, this mail has
> been misdirected to you, you are requested to notify us immediately by
> return email message and delete this mail and its attachments. You are also
> hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination,
> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
> e-mail message, contents or its attachment(s) other than by its intended
> recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this email
> are those of the individual and may not necessarily represent those of
> NCrypted Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Before opening attachment(s), please scan
> for viruses.
>
> NCrypted is a registered trademark of NCrypted Technologies Pvt. Ltd. in
> India and other countries.
>

> --

  Michael Poeltl <michael.poeltl at univie.ac.at>
  Computational Materials Physics at University
  Wien, Sensengasse 8/12, A-1090 Wien, AUSTRIA
  http://cmp.univie.ac.at/
  http://homepage.univie.ac.at/michael.poeltl/
  using elinks-0.12, mutt-1.5.21, and vim-7.4,
  with python-3.4.3, on linux mint 17 (qiana)   :-)
  fon: +43-1-4277-51409

  "Lehrend lernen wir!"