Calling a list of functions

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Dec 13 21:43:07 EST 2015

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 04:26 am, Ganesh Pal wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Iam on linux and python 2.7  . I have a bunch of functions  which I
> have run sequentially .
> I have put them in a list and Iam calling the functions in the list as
> shown below ,  this works fine for me ,

No it doesn't. It doesn't even compile -- it gives a SyntaxError because you
incorrectly use // as a comment deliminator instead of #. After fixing
that, you get a second SyntaxError because your code has an empty "except"
block. Obviously the code you show us is not the code you ran.

Why do people do this?

"Hi, here's a cake a made earlier, I think it tastes really nice. What do
you think?"

"That's not a cake. It's a bowl of mud with a cherry on top. Where is the
actual cake?"

--
Steven