Why doesn't response pydoc on my Python 2.7?

Robert rxjwg98 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:04:39 EST 2015

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 6:24:25 PM UTC-5, Erik wrote:
> On 12/12/15 23:08, Robert wrote:
> > In fact, I wanted to run the following code. When it failed, I moved to
> > the original question above.
>
> How did it fail? Tell us what _did_ happen.
>
> It works fine for me:
>
> $ pydoc module1
> Help on module module1:
>
> NAME
>      module1
>
> FILE
>      /tmp/robert/module1.py
>
> DATA
>      a = 'A'
>      b = 'B'
>      c = 'C'
>

> $ pydoc module2
> Help on module module2:
>
> NAME
>      module2
>
> FILE
>      /tmp/robert/module2.py
>
> DATA
>      __all__ = ['a', 'b']
>      a = 'A'
>      b = 'B'
>
> E.

Excuse me for the incomplete information on previous posts.
Here is the message when I run it on Canopy (module1.py and module2.py
are in the current folder):

Welcome to Canopy's interactive data-analysis environment!
 with pylab-backend set to: qt
Type '?' for more information.

In [1]: pydoc module1
  File "<ipython-input-1-cebe02de9045>", line 1
    pydoc module1
                ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

In [2]: