python unit test frame work

Ganesh Pal ganesh1pal at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 08:01:58 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> Ganesh Pal wrote:
>

> I recommend that you reread the unittest documentation.
>
> setUpClass() should be a class method, and if it succeeds you can release
> the ressources it required in the corresponding tearDownClass() method. As
> written the flags and the setUp()/tearDown() seem unnecessary.

Thanks to peter , Cameron and  Ben Finney , for replying to my various
question post . I needed a hint  on the below

1. If there is a setUpClass exception or failure , I don't want the
unittest to run ( I don't have teardown ) how do I handle this  ?
    The traceback on the console  looks very bad  it repeats for all
the test cases  , that means if I have 100 testcases if setup fails .
I will get the failure for all the test cases

#c_t.py
EEEE
ERROR: test01: test_01_inode_test
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c_t.py", line xx, in setUp
    self.setupClass()
  File "c_t.py", line xxx, in TestSetup
    self.TestSetup()
  File "c_t.py", line xx, in corruptSetup
    sys.exit("/tmp is not mounted ...Exiting !!!")
SystemExit: /tmp is not mounted ...Exiting !!!
ERROR: test02
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c_t.py", line 162, in  test_02_hardlink_test
    self.inject_failures['test02']))
KeyError: 'test02'

Ran 2 tests in 0.003s
FAILED (errors=2)