How to connect the MYSQL database to Python program?

ICT Ezy ictezy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:36:17 EST 2015

On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 9:58:02 AM UTC-8, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 4:51 AM, ICT Ezy <ictezy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Pl explain me how to connect the MYSQL database to Python program?
>
> You start by looking for a module that lets you do that. You can use
> your favourite web search engine, or go directly to PyPI.
>
> Then you learn how to use that module, including learning SQL if you
> don't already know it.
>
> ChrisA

Now, I installed MYSQLDB and following code was done correctly.

#!/usr/bin/python

import MySQLdb

# Open database connection
db = MySQLdb.connect("localhost","TESTDB")

# prepare a cursor object using cursor() method
cursor = db.cursor()

# execute SQL query using execute() method.
cursor.execute("SELECT VERSION()")

# Fetch a single row using fetchone() method.
data = cursor.fetchone()

print "Database version : %s " % data

# disconnect from server
db.close()

Then done following SQL statements:

#!/usr/bin/python

import MySQLdb

# Open database connection
db = MySQLdb.connect("localhost","TESTDB" )

# prepare a cursor object using cursor() method
cursor = db.cursor()

Then not correctly work following SQL statements:

>>> import MySQLdb
>>> db = MySQLdb.connect("localhost","TESTDB" )
>>> cursor = db.cursor()
>>> sql = """CREATE TABLE EMPLOYEE (
         FIRST_NAME  CHAR(20) NOT NULL,
         LAST_NAME  CHAR(20),
         AGE INT,
         SEX CHAR(1),
         INCOME FLOAT )"""
>>> cursor.execute(sql)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#116>", line 1, in <module>
    cursor.execute(sql)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\cursors.py", line 205, in execute
    self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 36, in defaulterrorhandler
    raise errorclass, errorvalue
OperationalError: (1046, "Aucune base n'a \xe9t\xe9 s\xe9lectionn\xe9e")

How to solve the problems. pl explain me