non-blocking getkey?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Dec 10 05:26:03 EST 2015

Christian Gollwitzer <auriocus at gmx.de> wrote:

> > My users do not like it :-(
> > They want to drag&drop files.
> > Therefore I have added it as another option to enter files:
> >
> >       [f] select a file
> >       [d] select a directory
> >       [e] enter a file or directory (with drag&drop or copy&paste)
>

> Well I know that you won't take my advice but.....
>
> There are standard protocols for drag'n'drop of files and folders on all
> three major platforms. Tk supports this using the optional TkDND module,
> which unfortunately isn't installed with a standard Python distribution.

Then this is no-go.
My users cannot install any additional software.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Universitaet Stuttgart         Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
Allmandring 30a                Fax:    ++49-711-682357
70550 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/