Windows 10 and PYODBC

William Abdo william.abdo at verio.net
Wed Dec 9 15:33:38 EST 2015

Hi All,
I am not sure if anyone has asked this question already or not but I will again.
Hopefully someone else has had and found a fix for this issue.
I'm grateful for any and all assistance.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I have an issue with PYODBC connecting to Oracle 11g.

It was working OK in Windows 7,  till I upgraded to Windows 10, Anyone have any IDEAS?
I have tried setting it to Windows 7 compatibility mode .
I have updated the drivers to the latest (Which I think I already had).

The actual error I get is
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "oraclecountsDec1.py", line 32, in <module>
    pconnObj =  pyodbc.connect( pconnString )
pyodbc.Error: ('NA000', "[NA000] [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-01019 (1019) (SQLDriverConnect); [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr). (0)")

SQL Log file states:
Fatal NI connect error 12560, connecting to:
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=BEQ)(PROGRAM=oracle)(ARGV0=oracleORCX)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))'))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCX)(CID=(PROGRAM=D:\Python26\python.exe)(HOST=xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx)(USER=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx))))

  VERSION INFORMATION:
                TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
                Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
                Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
  Time: 06-AUG-2015 17:12:31
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    ns main err code: 12560
    TNS-12560: Message 12560 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facility=TNS
    ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 530
    TNS-00530: Message 530 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facility=TNS
    nt secondary err code: 126
    nt OS err code: 0

Respectfully,

William Abdo
Software App Engineer II
NTT America, an NTT Communications Company
Office:   +1 561.912.2434
Email:    w.abdo at ntta.com<mailto:w.abdo at ntta.com>
[https://rvip.team-center.net/externals/images/email/ntta.png]<http://www.us.ntt.com/index.html>
[https://rvip.team-center.net/externals/images/email/ntta-twitter.png]<http://www.twitter.com/NTT_America>  [https://rvip.team-center.net/externals/images/email/ntta-linkedin.png] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ntt-america>   [https://rvip.team-center.net/externals/images/email/ntta-facebook.png] <http://www.facebook.com/nttamerica>   [https://rvip.team-center.net/externals/images/email/ntta-youtube.png] <http://www.youtube.com/user/NTTCommunicationsEN>

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free. Thank you.
This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. NTT America makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free. Thank you.