tkinter

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 08:56:19 EST 2015

On Dec 9, 2015 3:36 AM, "Chris Harwood" <chrisandsue61 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Graphical User Interfaces with Tk » states that "You can check that tkinter
is properly installed on your system by running python -m tkinter from the
command line; this should open a window demonstrating a simple Tk
interface."

> Having recently installed Python 3.5.0 I find that python -m tkinter
produces:
> 'python' is not recognised as an  internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

> Can you help, please?

Try "py -3.5 -m tkinter" instead.  On Windows, you have tkinter unless you
deselected it when you installed Python.

For future reference, it's very helpful to provide your OS and OS version
when asking questions like this; I'm just assuming you're on Windows since
that's the default "that's not on PATH" message.

Hope this helps,
--
Zach
(On a phone)