Can one use Python 3.4 lzma library to initialize file_reader for a 7z file?

Anmol Dalmia dalmia.anmol at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 10:08:49 EST 2015

Hello all.

I am trying to read lines from a compressed xml file in a 7z format contained archive. The native lzma library of Python 3.4 allows to do so, but I am not sure it does so for 7z files. I explored many threads and found very unsatisfactory answers such as this one.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/lzma$207z/linux.debian.changes.devel/3vVvPIxnMuQ/3sPm5GEBbH4J

Can anyone please clear this out to me once? Or if it doesn't, can anyone help on how to do it using any python or wrapped C functions?

Thanks