Understanding Python from a PHP coder's perspective

villascape at gmail.com villascape at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:00:17 EST 2015

Ah, I was confused that process state somehow allowed Python to support per-connection state without using sessions (which lead me to ask about websockets).  I guess Python could do it without storing the session ID in a file or database and instead in process state (i.e. application memory, right?), but the effect seems basically the same. Without being per-connection, what is the value of process state?