Understanding Python from a PHP coder's perspective

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Mon Dec 7 17:28:23 EST 2015

On 2015-12-08 08:40, Chris Angelico wrote:
> One advantage of this kind of setup is that your URLs don't depend
> on your back end. I could replace all this with a Ruby on Rails
> site, and nobody would notice the difference. I could put together
> something using Node.js to replace the Ruby site, and continue to
> provide content at http://minstrelhall.com/campaign/6

Of course, this assumes that your Ruby/Node.js skills allow you to
create a site that's as robust as Python.  Trust me...if I were to
swap out my Python web code with Ruby or Node.js, it would be pretty
noticeable.  Not because of URL issues, but because I don't do
Ruby/Node.js so it would fail pretty spectacularly. :-D

-tkc