Is there a way to set several list elements a same value with one line code

Robert rxjwg98 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:30:25 EST 2015

Hi,

I remember that there is a way to set several list elements a same value with
 one line code. Excuse me, I don't remember the accurate syntax on the code
 snippet. But the basic format looks like this.

1. There is a four-element list, such as:
2. An assignment line is here:
   bb[0]='a'
3. Then, all 4 element of bb is set with the above value.

The above three line codes are what I guess (I forgot the original tutorial
 now). Do you remember there is such a list application?

Thanks,