"Downloading"

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Wed Dec 2 10:15:21 EST 2015

On 2015-12-01, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Random832 <random832 at fastmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2015-12-01, Steve Hayes <hayesstw at telkomsa.net> wrote:
>>> You download things FROM a computer, you upload them TO a computer.
>>
>> I'm a little bit confused as to what kinds of file transfers
>> you think don't have at least two endpoints.
>
>>From some other computer to the one you're controlling it from. A

> download is initiated by the recipient; an upload is initiated by the
> sender.

Nope.  It doesn't depend on who initiated the transfer, up/down is a
direction. I upload things to the Host on the Internet, and I download
things to the circuit board on my bench.  In both cases I initiate the
transaction

           [ Host on The Internet ]

                [my computer]

        [circuit board I'm working on]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I invented skydiving
                                  at               in 1989!