Is vars() the most useless Python built-in ever?

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:20:51 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> Either way, vars() doesn't solve the problem. What problem does it solve?

I'm way out of my depth here (I normally post on Tutor, as Steve
knows), but when I looked vars() up in Lutz's "Python Pocket
Reference, 5th ed.", he ended his description of it with:  "... Hint:
useful for referring to variables in string formatting."  This is
probably something obvious to you, but I thought I'd throw it out
there in case it's of any value, since I did not see this mentioned
elsewhere in this thread.  Just trying to learn more ...

--
boB