Exclude text within quotation marks and words beginning with a capital letter

Kevin Glover kevingloveruk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 06:17:19 EST 2015

I am working on a program that is written in Python 2.7 to be compatible with the POS tagger that I import from Pattern. The tagger identifies all the nouns in a text. I need to exclude from the tagger any text that is within quotation marks, and also any word that begins with an upper case letter (including words at the beginning of sentences).

Any advice on coding that would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Kevin