Connecting Terminal to Python 3.5

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Sat Aug 29 06:25:11 EDT 2015

That post has some really bad advice.

You should not try to change the system python on osx. It's probably not as
critical as doing the same on Linux, but there is a high chance some
applications will stop working if they try to run python and expect it to
be 2.7.

The standard advice is that the python 3 command should always be called
python3 because of the backwards incompatibility and to allow 2 and 3 to
coexist easily.

I would suggest just installing python 3 using the dmg or using homebrew,
but you'll also want to restore the system python somehow... according to
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/38512/deleted-library-python-folder-is-it-possible-restore
your
best bet is to try to find another mac with the same version of OSX and
copy the relevant files back from there.

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news...