Having no luck installing Twisted 15.3.0

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:10:23 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Skip Montanaro
<skip.montanaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of our users needs Twisted. I built and installed 15.3.0. When I
> tried to import it, it complained:
>
> ImportError Twisted requires zope.interface 3.6.0 or later.
>
> So I downloaded, built and installed the latest version of
> zope.interface (4.1.2). Still it complains. So I tried 3.7.0. Same
> old, same old. The I installed precisely 3.6.0. Still it complains
> that I need 3.6.0. Looking at the INSTALL file for Twisted, I can't
> see anything else which would be absolutely required to import it.

*sigh* never mind. It's TWW's fault. They install an older version of
zope.interface (3.3.0), then smash sys.path together in such a way
that their packages *always* appear toward the front of the list. The
only way to "override" their stuff is to delete it or move it out of
the way.

Skip