Please don't make unfounded legalistic demands

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Aug 27 10:14:40 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-26, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 26/08/2015 22:20, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> On 8/26/2015 12:36 PM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> Are you allowed to use a newsreader or a mail+newsreader (Outlook
>> Express, Thunderbird, <many others>)? If so post through newsgroup
>> gmane.comp.python.general at news.gmane.org (as I am).
>>

> The major advantage of this approach is that there are hundreds of
> mailing lists from gmane.comp.python available in a one stop shop.
> Better yet all sorts of goodies are available under news.gmane.org,
> e.g.  gwene.org.python.planet or
> gwene.com.activestate.code.feeds.recipes.langs.python

And the NNTP clients and protocol were designed from the ground up to
handle largish volumes of messages grouped into "lists" and threads.
Trying to coax that functionality out of e-mail by using list-servers
and various procmail and e-mail client tricks results is a pretty poor
substitute.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I have many CHARTS
                                  at               and DIAGRAMS..