Sometimes bottle takes a lot of time

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 19:13:14 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 7:06 AM, Cecil Westerhof <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:
> I have included the output as attachment. It is clear that bottle is
> not the problem: fetching all the data takes at most 0.017 seconds.

Something to consider: You could be running into some weird
interaction of caches. Try blowing your OS and browser caches, and see
what the timings are like then. Also, if you can recreate the
six-second delay, I'd want to know what's happening during that time -
is there an open socket between the browser and the server? Is
anything pegging the CPU? Is the disk heavily active? Finding any sort
of saturation would help to pin down the cause of the delay. Do you
have any network mounts in your file system, and could they be
delaying some stat() call somewhere? Six seconds is a lot, but I do
recall running into problems occasionally when I had a NETBIOS/NETBEUI
mount on one of my boxes (Linux couldn't safely cache stuff, and the
remote system was misconfigured as regards caching, I think - the
upshot was terrible performance in certain situations, all of it spent
waiting on the network).

ChrisA