Sometimes bottle takes a lot of time

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Sat Aug 22 08:09:14 EDT 2015

On 22.08.2015 13:28, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> If you would have taken a little more time you would have seen that
> there where 20 seconds between both logs. I am fast, but not that
> fast. It is exactly the same code. I suppose it has to do something
> with bottle. Something I use since yesterday. Is it that strange to
> look if someone else has had the same problem and maybe a solution?

So let me get your story straight:

You're new to bottle and, apparently, web-programming in Python as well.
You're new to sqlite.
You've built some web application using both.
Yesterday it worked perfectly.
Today it doesn't.
Obviously, you suspect bottle is at fault.

Being the very wise Senior Software Engineer that you are, do you really
think that mature software, programmed by people who actually know what
they're doing is at fault? Or do you rather think it maybe could be the
piece-of-junk demo application written by someone who has proven his
utter incompetence comprehensively time and time again?

Since you're the very wise Senior Software Engineer here, why don't you
use an approach that every schoolkid learns in a programming class?
Namely, circle the error, reproduce it reliably. Change your machine,
network setup and change between your software versions. Create a
minimal example that demonstrate the issue. Then, should you find one,
blame bottle. Not sooner, very wise Senior Software Engineer, not sooner.

Cheers,
Johannes

> Zumindest nicht öffentlich!
Kosmologen: Die Geheim-Vorhersage.