Bug!

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:07:56 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 5:42 PM, hamilton <hamilton at nothere.com> wrote:

>> Python 3.5 does not support Windows XP.
>

> Is there a simple explanation for this ?
>
> Or is it just is.

We don't see the need to be burdened by supporting versions of Windows
that are no longer supported by Microsoft in new versions of Python.
Versions of Python whose initial release occurred during the support
period of a particular version of Windows will always support that
version of Windows, though (for example, Python 3.4 will always
support XP, Python 2.7 will always support XP and even Windows 2000).
Python 3.3 dropped support for Windows 2000, Python 3.5 drops support
for XP and Server 2003, and Windows Vista will be unsupported by
Python 3.7.

See also PEP 11.

--
Zach