execute commands as su on remote server

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:06:45 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM,  <harirammanohar159 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I need to execute commands after doing su to other user on remote server(not sudo which doesn't require password) how i can achieve this using python?
> I googled and came to know that its not possible, so just for confirmation asking again, is it possible ?

Ultimately, this isn't a Python question, it's a systems
administration one. You want a way to execute commands as a specific
user, triggering them remotely. There are basically two ways you can
do this: either you provide some form of credentials (this is what
sudo does), or you elevate the entire management process. The latter
option is far FAR easier (running it as root if you might need to go
to any different user, or as that specific user if you'll only ever
use one), but then you have to ensure, in some way, that your Python
program can't be compromised.

Python has nothing to do with any of this. If you want to manage
elevation using sudo, Python can invoke sudo in a subprocess. If you
want to elevate the Python process and then simply invoke something
directly, Python won't even be aware of it.

ChrisA