memory control in Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:13:57 EDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 8:09 AM, Ping Liu <yanzhipingliu at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I move from Python to Jython or IronPython, do I need to retool whatever I have done? If so, that may take quite a long time. This may make the reimplementation impossible.

You're not moving from Python to something else; you're moving from
CPython to something else. It's like moving from Borland's C compiler
to Watcom's C compiler - all your code should still run unchanged.
There will be differences, but the bulk of your code shouldn't need
changing. With Python interpreters, the usual difference is extension
libraries - CPython can call on a bunch of things implemented in
native code, Jython can call on a bunch of things implemented in Java,
etc.

ChrisA