[Back off topic] - Re: Hooking Mechanism when Entering and Leaving a Try Block

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:57:58 EDT 2015

On 08/13/2015 12:28 AM, Sven R. Kunze wrote:
> On 12.08.2015 20:44, Sven R. Kunze wrote:
>> On 12.08.2015 18:11, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>> Sounds to me like you want some sort of AST transform, possibly in an
>>> import hook. Check out something like MacroPy for an idea of how
>>> powerful this sort of thing can be.
>>
>> Sounds like I MacroPy would enable me to basically insert a function
>> call before and after each try: block at import time. Is that correct
>> so far? That sounds not so bad at all.
>>

>> However, if that only works due to importing it is not a solution. I
>> need to make sure I catch all try: blocks, the current stack is in
>> (and is about to step into).
>>
>> Ah yes, and it should work with Python 3 as well.
>
> Back to topic, please. :)

But we love being off topic!

Also if you change the subject line to demarcate a branch in the
discussion (and mark it as off topic), that is completely acceptable as
well.  This in fact was done eventually by Marko.  That leaves the
original part of the thread to carry on its merry way.  Of course I am
assuming you read your email using a threaded email client that shows
you the nested tree structure of the replies, instead of the really
strange 1-dimensional gmail-style conversations that lose that structure
entirely.

But I digress.  We get sidetracked rather easily around here.