Module load times

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Aug 13 12:56:24 EDT 2015

I have an auto generated module that provides functions exported from a
c dll. Its rather large and we are considering some dynamic code generation
and caching, however before I embark on that I want to test import times.

As the module is all auto generated through XSL, things like __all__ are not
used,  a consumer only imports one class which has methods for their use.

It is the internal supporting classes which are large such as the ctype function
prototypes and structures.

My concern is simply reloading this in Python 3.3+ in a timeit loop is not
accurate. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks,
jlc