Hooking Mechanism when Entering and Leaving a Try Block

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Thu Aug 13 02:26:35 EDT 2015

On 13.08.2015 02:45, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this some guideline? I actually quite dislike pick somebody's mail to
>>> pieces. It actually pulls things out of context. But if this is a rule
>>> for this, so be it.
>>>
>> The rules here are very simple.  Snip what you don't wish to reply to (yes I
>> know I forget sometimes), intersperse your answers to what you do want to
>> respond to.
> As Mark says, the key is to intersperse your answers with the context.
> In some email clients, you can highlight a block of text and hit
> Reply, and it'll quote only that text. (I was so happy when Gmail
> introduced that feature. It was the one thing I'd been most missing
> from it.)
>
> ChrisA

So, I take this as a "my personal preference guideline" because I cannot
find an official document for this (maybe, I am looking at the wrong
places).

In order to keep you happy, I perform this ancient type communication
where the most relevant information (i.e. the new one) is either to find
at the bottom (scrolling is such fun) OR hidden between the lines
(wasting time is even more fun these days).

Btw. to me, the *context is the entire post*, not just two lines. I hate
if people answer me on every single word I've written and try to explain
what've got wrong instead of trying to understand the message and my
perspective as a whole. I find it very difficult to respond to such a
post and I am inclined to completely start from an empty post.