Real-time recoding of video from asx to non-Windows formats

Montana Burr montana.burr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:04:27 EDT 2015

Hi,

    I'm interested in using Python to create a server for streaming my
state's traffic cameras - which are only available as Windows Media streams
- to devices that do not natively support streaming Windows Media content
(think Linux computers & iPads). I know Python makes various problems easy
to solve, and I'd like to know if this is one of those problems. I would
like to use a module that works on any Linux- or UNIX-based computer, as my
primary computer is UNIX-based.