Pipes

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 10:36:24 EDT 2015

On 10/08/2015 15:05, rogerh906 at gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 7:45:28 AM UTC-6, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>> On 10/08/2015 03:55, Roger Hunter wrote:
>>> I agree that some of Python is simple but the description of subprocess
>>> is certainly not.
>>>
>>> I spent much of my working career using Fortran and TrueBasic on mainframes.
>>
>> That's good.  It means that you were probably taught to read and write
>> from left to right *AND* from top to bottom.  Would you like to keep to
>> that convention here please as it makes following long threads much
>> easier, thank you.
>>
>> --
>> My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask
>> what you can do for our language.
>>
>> Mark Lawrence
>
> Sorry Mark, I don't know how these posts came out backward. I didn't do it.
>
> Roger

Nothing to worry about.  It's mostly a result of people so used to M$
Outlook in a business environment that they don't stop to think about
it.  On short threads it's not a problem, but some Python related
threads can run into hundreds of entries, all being bounced backwards
and forwards between umpteen different technologies.  Try reading those
if they're all top posted, complete nightmare.