Who uses IDLE -- please answer if you ever do, know, or teach

memilanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:19:36 EDT 2015

On 08/07/2015 04:29 AM, tjohnson wrote:
> On 8/6/2015 7:31 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
>>
>> What 1 or 2 features would you most like to see?
>>
> Practically, I'd say a line number margin and right edge indicator.
>
> Theoretically, a tabbed editor and dockable interpreter pane.

YES!!! and yes to the above.

Some built-in support for style/syntax checking i.e. PEP8, pylint would
be very nice (in my mind) for helping new users understand where some of
the problems are in their code.  Maybe not enabled by default, but
available in the options for those who want it.

--
Shiny!  Let's be bad guys.

Reach me @ memilanuk (at) gmail dot com