python-matplotlib changes very often?

Todd toddrjen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 08:39:53 EDT 2015

On Aug 8, 2015 10:46, "Cecil Westerhof" <Cecil at decebal.nl> wrote:

> On openSUSE I see python-matplotlib updated very often. Sometimes more
> as once a week. It is also not very small (almost 40 MB). Is there a
> reason for this, or is there a problem at SUSE?

I assume you are using tumbleweed and/or  devel:languages:python?

matplotlib has quite a few dependencies, and many of those have
dependencies of their own. Whenever a dependency of a package is updated
the open build service openSUSE uses for packaging the package is also
updated.

So it isn't really matplotlib getting updates, but rather the packages it
depends on (or packages they depend on, and so on).  And none of those are
updated very often, there are just a lot if them.