Linux users: please run gui tests

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Fri Aug 7 09:46:21 EDT 2015

In a message of Fri, 07 Aug 2015 15:06:41 +0200, Peter Otten writes:
>$ touch test.py
>$ python -c import\ test
>$ rm test.py
>$ python3 -m test -ugui test_tk
>/usr/bin/python3: bad magic number in 'test': b'\x03\xf3\r\n'
>
>>From that I'd conclude that your python3 sees a leftover python2 pyc instead
>of the actual test package. Have a look at your working directory or
>PYTHONPATH.

Right you are.  Thank you.

lac at smartwheels:~$ python3 -m test -ugui test_tk test_ttk_guionly test_idle
[1/3] test_tk
test test_tk failed -- multiple errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details
[2/3/1] test_ttk_guionly
[3/3/1] test_idle
2 tests OK.
1 test failed:
    test_tk

running python3 -v -m test -ugui test_tk 2>test_tk.out produces a whole lot
of output.

I put the file up here.
http://www2.openend.se/~lac/test_tk.out

But I don't think there is anything useful in it.  grepping the file
for 'failed' only gives you the same old
est test_tk failed -- multiple errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details

What would you (Terry)  like me to do now?

Laura