Who uses IDLE -- please answer if you ever do, know, or teach

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Thu Aug 6 09:07:05 EDT 2015

Am 06.08.2015 um 03:06 schrieb Terry Reedy:
> There have been discussions, such as today on Idle-sig , about who uses
> Idle and who we should design it for.  If you use Idle in any way, or
> know of or teach classes using Idle, please answer as many of the
> questions below as you are willing, and as are appropriate

I'm using Idle mostly on Windows where the Python command-line window or
the Windows command window aren't very usable (encoding problems,
copying from and to the window inconvenient and so on). For programs
with more than two or three modules the Wing IDE is still nicer.

> Idle users:
>
> 1. Are you
> grade school (1=12)?
> undergraduate (Freshman-Senior)?
> post-graduate (from whatever)?

post-graduate

> 2. Are you
> beginner (1st class, maybe 2nd depending on intensity of first)?
> post-beginner?

post-beginner

> 3. With respect to programming, are you
> amateur (unpaid)
> professional (paid for programming)

amateur and programming just for my own convenience and fun.