GOTCHA with list comprehension

Pavel S pavel at schon.cz
Wed Aug 5 03:03:29 EDT 2015

It seems this is allowed by the grammar:

list_display        ::=  "[" [expression_list | list_comprehension] "]"
list_comprehension  ::=  expression list_for
list_for            ::=  "for" target_list "in" old_expression_list [list_iter]
old_expression_list ::=  old_expression [("," old_expression)+ [","]]
old_expression      ::=  or_test | old_lambda_expr
list_iter           ::=  list_for | list_if
list_if             ::=  "if" old_expression [list_iter]

So chaining multiple ifs is fine:

[ i for i in range(10) if True if True if True if True ]