I'm a newbie and I'm stumped...

josephbigler at gmail.com josephbigler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:46:33 EDT 2015

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 11:59:14 AM UTC-4, Dwight GoldWinde wrote:
> Please help.
>

> I am running Python 3.4 on my Mac mini, OS X 10.10.2, using Coderunner 2 as my editor.
>

> Here's the code:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python3
> word = (input('Enter a word '))
>

> When running this inside of Coderunner, I get the follow error, after entering the word 'serendipity':
>

> Enter a word serendipity
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "test short.py", line 2, in <module>
>
>     word = (input('Enter a word '))
>
>   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>
> NameError: name 'serendipity' is not defined

If you want to run this in Python 3, try this

CodeRunner->Preferences->Languages->Run Command

edit "python $filename" to "python3 $filename"

It appears coderunner 2 is using Python 2.7.1

Here's where I found the answer, from someone who had a similar issue.  Please let us know either way if it solved the problem.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19797616/coderunner-uses-old-2-71-version-of-python-instead-of-3-2-on-osx-10-7-5