GvR Europython keynote described on lwn.net

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 00:15:02 EDT 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03/08/2015 02:27, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 3 Aug 2015 08:34 am, Rick Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> So what? If i had to guess, i would guess that the hacks are
>>> mostly to bring py3000 features to 2.7
>>

>> These would be the features of Python 3 that nobody needs and nobody wants
>> because Python 2 is good enough for everyone?
>>
>> I wouldn't want to guess what the customizations do.
>>

> Is there actually a definitive list of goodies that were backported from 3.x
> to 2.6 or 2.7?  Of course some bits and pieces are still being backported to
> 2.7.

You could probably find a definitive list of *language* features that
got backported. Trying to find a full list of the *modules* that got
backported will be harder, as they're not a part of Python 2.7 as such
(the backports are on PyPI instead) - and some of them have slightly
different names, too.

ChrisA