Most Pythonic way to store (small) configuration

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Sun Aug 2 06:11:28 EDT 2015

There are a lot of ways to store configuration information:
- conf file
- xml file
- database
- json file
- and possible a lot of other ways

I want to write a Python program to display cleaned log files. I do
not think I need a lot of configuration to be stored:
- some things relating to the GUI
- default behaviour
- default directory
- log files to display, including some info
  - At least until where it was displayed

Because of this I think a human readable file would be best.
Personally I do not find XML very readable. So a conf or json file
looks the most promising to me. And I would have a slight preference
for a json file.

Any comments, thoughts or tips?

--
Cecil Westerhof