Most pythonic way of rotating a circular list to a canonical point

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sat Aug 1 17:43:14 EDT 2015

Lukas Barth <mail at tinloaf.de> writes:
> - It does not matter what that rotation is. Starting with the smallest
> element was just an idea by me, any rotation that can easily produced
> will do.

How large are these lists supposed to be?  If they're (say) 5 elements,
you could make the hash code consist of the concatenated hashes of each
of the 5 rotations, or maybe a Bloom filter on those hashes.  Then to do
a lookup, hash your target list and see if it appears in the table.

If the lists are very large that doesn't sound so great due to storage
requirements..