debugging during package development

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 00:21:03 EDT 2015

Hello,

It seems too cumbersome to have to update `sys.path` to include the
development tree of a package (and sub-packages) that's still very
young.  With lots of debugging to do, the last thing I'd want is to
worry about the search path.  So I've been searching for better ways to
work, but I can't seem hit the right keywords and come with all sorts of
tangentially related stuff.  I'm sure there must be some tool that sets
up the development environment when the package source is not on
`sys.path`.  Any advice on this topic would be appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Seb