implicitly concats of adjacent strings does not work with format

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 16:51:02 EDT 2015

On 29/04/2015 18:08, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> Op Wednesday 29 Apr 2015 18:04 CEST schreef Mark Lawrence:
>
>>>  From the amount of messages you could think I am a spammer. ;-)
>>>

>> Did you mean spanner? ;-)
>
> My English is not good enough to understand what you mean by this.

Seek, and ye shall find.

<quote>
(UK, mildly derogatory) A stupid or unintelligent person; one prone to
making mistakes, especially in language.
You spanner, Rodney! I wanted a Chinese, not an Indian!
</quote>

Nothing personal in this, I simply find the homour here often more
interesting than the theoretical claptrap that some go on about.  Not
only that, from the Zen of Python, "Practicality beats purity".

As for being a spammer, nonsense, it's rather pleasant to see someone
with real code asking real questions.  Carry on like this and you'll
soon be on the bug tracker at bugs.python.org fixing things, instead of
the throngs who simply love complaining, but in reality do nothing about
it.  Hint, hint, didn't you ask on another thread about what module you
could write for Python :)

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence